Parish of St. BARNABAS (estab. 1959)
The Anglican Church of Canada—Diocese of Montreal
12301 Colin St., Pierrefonds, Quebec H9A 1C3
Worship is at the heart of all we do @ St. Barnabas. We like to mix it up: we use both modern & traditional liturgies; we incorporate a variety of contemporary & classical musical styles & instruments; & we welcome people of all ages & backgrounds at all our services.
We gather to be both comforted & challenged; to pray & listen to God; & to feed the hungry & equip the faithful for service in the community.
Music is an important part of worship @ St. Barnabas. The choir sings regularly during the 10:30 am service, & prepares anthems for special seasons during the church year. The Hand Bell choir enriches our worship with special selections once per month, during the 10:30 am service, & also joins in for special services throughout the year.
- 8 am. sung Holy Communion, from the Book of Common Prayer/BCP (traditional-language service). Join us for refreshments & fellowship in the Lounge following the service.
- 10:30 am. sung Holy Communion, from the Book of Alternative Services/BAS (modern-language service). We also regularly incorporate Bible readings done in French at this service. The Sunday School meets in their own classes, and joins the adults for Holy Communion. Again, all are welcome for refreshments & fellowship in the parish Hall following the service.
- See past Bulletins
- Sunday Bible Readings
Sunday school classes: take place during the 10:30 am service. (Except in Summer)
Large print resources, & gluten-free communion wafers, are available on request.
St. Barnabas is wheelchair accessible.
Mid-week service: of Holy Communion, from the Book of Alternative Services/BAS, takes place every Wednesday, at 9:30 am., in the Lounge (except during July & Aug.). Brief, informal discussion sometimes also happens after the service!
SPECIAL SEASONS & CELEBRATIONS:
We also warmly invite you to join us at these special events during the year:
- Lessons & Carols service (in December) & fellowship in the Hall following the service.
- Shrove Tuesday Pancake supper & fellowship in the Hall.
- Ash Wednesday Holy Communion services: 9:30 am; 7:30 pm service alternates in location each year with Christ the Redeemer Lutheran Church)
- Holy Week services: including Maundy Thursday ecumenical Holy Communion service & fellowship meal (with Christ the Redeemer Lutheran Church), Good Friday liturgy & Meditation on the Cross; ecumenical Easter Vigil on Holy Saturday (at Christ the Redeemer Lutheran Church)
- St. Barnabas Day patronal celebration & picnic in the park (in June)
The Parish of St Barnabas © 2019