Parish of St. BARNABAS (estab. 1959)
The Anglican Church of Canada—Diocese of Montreal
12301 Colin St., Pierrefonds, Quebec H9A 1C3
So you want to have a BAPTISM @ St. Barnabas?
Congratulations! We rejoice with you in the birth (or arrival) of your new son or daughter. We’re glad you made the decision to bring your child forward for the sacrament of Holy Baptism, to celebrate God’s gift of new life & remind us of His love for us all.
We will do all we can to help & support you as you mark the beginning of this child’s journey of faith & membership in the Christian church.
Here are a few things you might need to know about Baptisms at St. Barnabas:
- Baptisms remind us we are part of the whole Christian community, & so they are usually performed during one of the Sunday worship services, at 8 am. or 10:30 am. There is no fee for Baptisms.
- The following are the dates (as specified in the Book of Alternative Services, p. 163) on which Baptisms are usually performed:
- The Baptism of the Lord
- All Saints Day
- Other dates, for particular pastoral reasons, must be discussed directly with the Incumbent.
- Please contact the church office (call 514-684-4460 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org well in advance of the date you are requesting (i.e. not less than one month before) in order that the necessary preparation can be done. The Incumbent typically meets with the parents & godparents, if possible) to complete the necessary documentation & discuss the responsibilities each undertakes as part of the Baptism
- Parents should be baptized, practicing Christians, ideally with a relationship to the Anglican Church: at least one godparent must be baptized (although not necessarily Anglican).
- Baptism of an adult: is also an occasion for rejoicing! Please contact the Incumbent directly (call 514-684-4460 or email:
- email@example.com to discuss appropriate preparation
- You can download the Application form from here. Baptism Application Form
The Parish of St Barnabas © 2021